Mindfulness is a human ability to be fully present, aware of what we’re thinking and doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what is going on around us. Mindfulness lights up parts of our brains that are most of the time deactivated when we are mindlessly running on autopilot.
Difficulties, errors, conflicts, and times of stress are inevitable. What is not inevitable is reaction and living in a reactive state. One can choose, either to feel discouraged and overwhelmed in those challenging times, or see those challenges as opportunities to learn, grow, and problem-solve as a team.
Mindfulness reminds people to slow the anxious, reactive thoughts and rumination on worst-case scenario that only feeds into fears and instead, renew and redirect that energy into a focused strategy for finding a solution and action. A mindful leader brings compassion into the equation, caring more about the team’s well-being than on how much they achieve or produce—because the latter is indicative of the former.
This program is based on the Genos Emotional Intelligence Leadership Competence Model, developed from over a decade of research examining how effective leaders use emotional intelligence abilities to build resilience.
The model comprises six emotionally intelligent workplace competencies. These competencies represent skills and behaviours based on underlying abilities and experiences that are measurable, observable, and critical to successful job performance.
For instance, Self-awareness is important because leaders are expected to:
- be observant
- pay focused attention
- assess risk more accurately
- be fully involved with the task at hand
- have clarity
- analyse consequences
- be less reactive and more responsive
- Understand the Neuroscience of Emotions, and the scientific research that proves why mindfulness is an essential contributor to success.
- Learn all about 'Demonstrated Emotional Intelligence' and how it is core to the effectiveness of leaders.
- Work on optimising how you 'show up' as a leader to dramatically improve your workplace presence and impact.
- Equip with a set of practical mindfulness tools and techniques for improving the aspects of your emotional intelligence that need attention.
- Receive resources that will support you long after the programme has ended.
What Is Involved
- As pre-work to this program Leaders complete the Genos Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Assessment to assess your current Emotional Intelligence.
- Pre-training individual debrief on their 180° Feedback report. You will receive a personalised report as your start-point for the programme. Then identify YOUR areas for development.
- Attend this one day (or 2X4hour) session with a focus on building practical and actionable mindfulness skills which you can begin applying right away.
- Follow up on your progress and see results. Six months after completion, you'll have an opportunity (optional) to complete a second assessment to review your progress and set a plan for your ongoing development as a Mindful Leader.
What is Included
180° Feedback Report and Development Tips workbook
This report presents how well an individual demonstrates emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour, how important it is to colleagues that they do so, and qualitative comments from rates.
Contains: Feedback from Direct ReportsDownload Sample
360° Feedback Report and Development Tips workbook
This report presents how well an individual demonstrates emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour, how important it is to their manager, their direct reports, peers and others that they do so. It includes easy to understand data presented for the six measured competency areas and each of the question items, with specific development tips provided.Download Sample