There is a direct link between the way people feel and the way they perform. Their leaders need to be skilled at identifying, understanding, and positively influencing emotion within themselves and others to motivate performance.
This program is based on the Genos Emotional Intelligence Leadership Competence Model, developed from over a decade of research examining how effective leaders use emotional intelligence abilities in positively influencing others.
The model comprises six emotionally intelligent workplace competencies. These competencies represent skills and behaviours based on underlying abilities and experiences that are measurable, observable, and critical to successful job performance.
For instance, Inspiring Performance is important in leadership because:
- Leadership is fundamentally about facilitating the performance of others,
- Managing performance with rules and key performance indicators usually produces an ‘expected’, result, rather than an ‘unexpected’ high performance result, and
- People often learn and develop more with this type of leadership style resulting in continuous enhancements to performance year-on-year.
The main objective of this programme is to help participants:
- explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence
- develop awareness of the role emotions play in the workplace
- discover how emotions are influenced by their judgemental thinking
- learn the key competences that successful leaders possess
- understand how emotions can be positively influenced and inspire high performance
- explore techniques for applying EI in leadership and creating high performance in others.
What is Involved
- As pre-work to this program Leaders complete the Genos Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Assessment to measures how well they demonstrate emotionally intelligent leadership competencies and identify areas for improvement.
- Pre-training individual debrief on their 180 (or 360) feedback report
- Delivered over one day, this training programme is packed with activities and action planning methodologies to help leaders leverage strengths and address development opportunities.
What is Included
180° Feedback Report and Development Tips workbook
This report presents how well an individual demonstrates emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour, how important it is to colleagues that they do so, and qualitative comments from rates.
Contains: Feedback from Direct ReportsDownload Sample
360° Feedback Report and Development Tips workbook
This report presents how well an individual demonstrates emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour, how important it is to their manager, their direct reports, peers and others that they do so.Download Sample