Leaders who share their vision or strategy with their team members ensuring that everyone is on the same page, lead more efficient teams. People do well when they believe in their Leader, and all aspects of communication are key to gaining credibility. Motivation comes from effective communication.
Leaders’ style is about building an organisation that cares about their employees. Everyone is treated with consideration. This results in good morale, and also better staff retention, commitment and engagement.
This program is based on the Genos Emotional Intelligence Leadership Competence Model, developed from over a decade of research examining how effective leaders use emotional intelligence abilities to build resilience.
The model comprises six emotionally intelligent workplace competencies. These competencies represent skills and behaviours based on underlying abilities and experiences that are measurable, observable, and critical to successful job performance.
For instance, Positive Influence is important because leaders are expected to:
- know how to express empathy
- understand employee engagement and why it is important to performance
- gain insight, give and receive feedback and know-how to motivate and engage people
- know methods for enhancing team members’ motivation and engagement at work.
This program has been designed to help leaders enhance levels of motivation, commitment, and engagement in their team.
The main objective of this programme is to help participants:
- explore the neuroscience of emotions and emotional intelligence
- gain a solid understanding of how their emotions and actions affect the people around them
- discuss what employee engagement is, how is typically measured and its importance to organisational performance
- examine the feedback on engaging leadership competencies and determine leadership behaviours they could learn and adopt to enhance staff motivation and engagement,
- practise applying models and techniques for enhancing individual staff motivation and engagement at work.
What is Involved
- As pre-work to the program, participants complete the Genos Emotionally Intelligent Leadership 180° Assessment.
- Participants are provided with a debrief and action planning methodologies to help leverage strengths and address development opportunities in their leadership.
- The training programme has a duration of one day but could be delivered over two half day sessions.
- This training programme leads to effective and targeted action planning to help leaders engage and positively influence their teams.
What is Included
180° Feedback Report and Development Tips workbook
This report presents how well an individual demonstrates emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour, how important it is to colleagues that they do so, and qualitative comments from rates.
Contains: Feedback from Direct ReportsDownload Sample
360° Feedback Report and Development Tips workbook
This report presents how well an individual demonstrates emotionally intelligent workplace behaviour, how important it is to their manager, their direct reports, peers and others that they do so.Download Sample